Calling all Managers and Trustees of Kāpiti Community Organisations who would like mentoring support in their leadership role.
Calling all experienced community leaders who would like to be a mentor to support our community leaders.
Apply to be a mentee here
Apply to be a mentor here
Or contact us to learn more: 04 905 8884 or email: email@example.com
Mentoring For Kāpiti Community Leaders:
WHAT IS IT?
Are you a Manager or Trustee of a Kāpiti Community Organisation? Would you like to receive some one-on-one advice and guidance to enhance your effectiveness in this role? This programme could be exactly what you need. The Mentoring for Kāpiti Community Leaders programme is a Capable Sector Project initiative aimed at strengthening the capability of our Kāpiti Community organisations by providing targeted support to their leaders and fostering tuakana-tenia relationships.
Upon joining the programme, you will be connected to a mentor who has strong and relevant leadership experience and understands your community. Over a six- month timeframe, you will have six one-on-one sessions with your mentor and participate in three workshops. By following a proven mentoring model, you will be supported in building your effectiveness as a leader, as you work on your current priorities and grow your confidence, your capability, and your connection to other leaders in your community.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
• Become more effective in your leadership role by developing relevant skills, knowledge and confidence.
• Receive one-on-one support to help you identify your development priorities.
• Improve your networks and connection.
• Be part of a peer learning network with other leaders from your own community/region.
• Take part in a proven mentoring model which helps you get the most out of your mentoring relationship.
• Receive ongoing support along with your mentor to keep you focused on your development priorities.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Six-month programme with a minimum of 6 x mentoring sessions (1-2 hours in length).
• Mentors sourced from across the community.
• Mentees and mentors receive training, an induction and six months of support, including support in setting development priorities.
• Participants attend learning and networking meetings to strengthen the connections between all participants.
• The programme will be run between 31st May and 29th November 2023.
• There is a $90 contribution fee to participate as a mentee in this programme (once you have been matched with your mentor). The remaining cost of the Mentoring Programme per individual ($2,000 plus in value) is funded by the Capable Sector Project.
WHO CAN ATTEND THE PROGRAMME?
• Anyone currently in a Management or Trustee role with a Kāpiti community organisation, who is wanting to connect with other leaders and grow their effectiveness and confidence in their role.
The Capable Sector Project is a collaboration between Volunteer Kāpiti and Kāpiti Impact Trust, funded from the Kāpiti Coast District Council Social Investment Fund.
For more information contact Volunteer Kāpiti by phone: 04 905 8884 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org