Kāpiti Coast United is one of the largest football clubs in Wellington, New Zealand, with senior teams in the Kāpiti Horowhenua league and over 500 junior members. Our home ground is Weka Park in Raumati Beach on the Kapiti Coast. More information about KCU, including access to our policies, can be found at www.kcu.co.nz. We are on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kapiticoastunited.
The Club Secretary is responsible to the Management Committee. Their role is to ensure that all Club information is current and relevant and complies with the Club Constitution, including maintaining accurate membership records. Their responsibilities include:
• Work with the Club Administrator to facilitate and manage player registrations and ensure payment of subscriptions.
• Manage and own transfer requests for players to/from club.
• Record minutes and actions at each monthly Committee meeting, distribute minutes and agenda for pre read to each monthly Committee meeting
• Arrange, coordinate and run the Annual General Meeting.
• Be an independent point of contact between Club members and the Management Committee.
• Handle any queries that are unable to be handled firstly by the Coaches/managers and, if appropriate, bring to the Management committee’s attention.
Most of the work can be done 'behind the scenes' in evenings and weekends, but attendance is required at Committee meetings once a month. The role is busy during registration periods (Feb/March/April) and less so during the rest of the year.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Committee & Board