Do you have an interest in nature and conservation? Are you good with numbers? If so, this local reserve care group would love to hear from you! They are looking for a new Treasurer to join their Committee. The role involves:
• Preparing the budget for approval by the Committee and monitor it carefully.
• Assisting the Chairman/Secretary to seek and apply for funds
• Keep a proper record of all payments and monies received using WECG’s
• Send out accounts and receipts for donations.
• Pay the bills as they are due
• Predict cashflow and submit grant and contract invoices as necessary to
preserve positive cashflow.
• Make sure financial reports are available and understood at all committee
meetings- currently every 2 months.
• Show evidence that money received is banked and documentation
provided for all money paid out.
• Ensure that information for an audit is prepared each year (if required).
• Give Treasurer’s report at regular meetings and when required.
• Submit GST returns twice a year to IRD by due dates and an annual tax
• Assist the Chairman to account for large grants
• Produce and present an annual financial report for the AGM.
• Send accounts report to Societies Registrar annually
Ideally the Treasurer is someone who is:
• Trustworthy with money
• Able to become an effective Committee member and participate in
WECG’s activities regularly
• Well organised.
• Computer literate
• Able to allocate regular time periods to maintain the books.
• Aware of information which needs to be kept for any annual or periodic
The estimated time commitment required as the Treasurer is around 5-8 hours per month and an additional 10-15 hours once per year.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Committee & Board